Posters

Friday, January 18, 2008

What Would You Do



"What would you do?" is an award winning senior film project at the Black Film Festival in '07. My client majored in film so I thought it would be cool idea to advertise the video like a movie poster. The client wanted to spread the message about verbal and phyiscal abuse by creating a video that touched on these topics. So as a designer I did not want to stray away from that.

I choose the color red as the theme color because it represents a tone of anger and violence. Displayed behind and overlapping the female image are facts about abuse, which serves as a more meaningful purpose then just a cool poster. At the bottom of the poster are poses of my big headed girlfriend and myself acting like Ike & Tina Turner. As like credits in movie posers the credits for this project were resevered for those who participated and worked on the production (pre & post production) of this video. My favorite part of this poster are the red strips/borders on each side of the image. I love to frame/contain my work in creative borders. (for the lames who haven't picked up on that yet)

This was a successful project and I'm glad I had the opportunity to work on it.
D-SMITTY WHERE YOU AT?
posted by Jamison at 11:13 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home