Posters

Friday, January 18, 2008

Africa (final)




My Africa, what a challenge. Although at times I felt like this poster was unsuccessful I'm very proud on how it turned out. My clients wanted a tropical poster that represented the different regions of Africa to show cultural diversity. In, addition they wanted people from their specific region to be displayed to target more Africa native students.

The challenges I faced with this project was frustrating. Finding an accurate geographical map of Africa's regions turned out to be unreliable. Most sources was inconsistent. So instead of separating the continent as I originally plan, I choose to represented each region by displaying colorful images of the natives to show cultural diversity. The warm colors accompanied by the gradient silhouette of Africa brought this poster to life. Features like the hand imprints personalize the poster and gives the audience a sense of possession. My Africa. Lastly I added my personal touch, yellow and orange borders to contain my work.
posted by Jamison at 11:11 AM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home